Thursday, December 16, 2010

Like a thorn in my heart....


I wanted to forget that

Just like a summer dream

But it kept pinching me

Like a thorn in my heart

There was this young girl

Lovely and pretty

Cooling my mind like

The rain in the desert

Songs of the birds and

The breeze in the air

I thought, will let my

Love for her bloom

Desire to tell her, when

Burned like a fire

I was like a butterfly

Flying into fire

And when I loved her

I never knew that

My, once wounded heart is

Going to be hurt

When I did tell her

She, simply denied me

I knew it will pinch me

Like a thorn in my heart

Why did I love her

Though she didn’t want me

Why did I tell her

Though she didn’t ask me

I never knew that

The love in my heart was

For someone who was not

Supposed to be mine

To hide out my grief form

The world, all around me

I masqueraded with

A smile on my face

I, tried hard to forget

The love I had for her

But, still it keep pinching me

Like a thorn in my heart

If there is someone

Destined to be mine

I’ll trouble her with

My love, Everlasting

( this one dates back seven or eight years.... a poem written in distress.. .and it reminds me of what exactly is infatuation . I felt it towards someone who was not even my friend..we hardly knew each other...why did I feel like that..I have no clue? Perhaps the stupidity of a human mind was epitomized by me then. when I asked her for a date..she rejected it outright...rejection..in whatever form..is painful...

Now..years after..when I look at this poem.. I feel like...God...what was I doing? . But, to be frank..each word put in this...was coming straight from my heart )


Jose

16- Dec- 2010




Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software

No comments:

Post a Comment