Wednesday, March 17, 2010

He caught me finally..

Hypertension and Diabetes.....some people proudly announce that they have all these...strange people.:-)

But if you ask a doctor ..they will say ..these are silent killers ..

My father had both..and may be that only resulted in cardiac arrest..which took his life. at the age of 65.

All my family members, friends and even the doctors who looked at my medical records recently told me..

'Jose...you have a strong chance of getting any of these. Its in your genes. if not today..may be tomorrow"

Perhaps..the sedentary life style I lead...prompted them to say that to me..

I escaped from their clutches so far . I believed that I won't be caught by these silent killers.

But..finally , on this Monday.. I was stamped ...Hypertensive

Of late, my systolic pressure was above 130 mm Hg. ..sometimes shooting above 150mm Hg. I thought it may be due to the stressful journey I am currently going through.

But the digital monitor I bought for my wife, continuously showed my BP above normal. Then the doctor's verdict came..

'Jose..you are hypertensive"

No regrets... if it would kill me someday..silently...without suffering...why should I be sad.. :-). But I am not going to let him finish me so easily.

But what makes me sad is that... I am unfit to be a renal donor for my wife. Now the real search for the matching donor starts. Till I find a match, she will have to face the ordeal of dialysis ..weekly thrice.

No comments:

Post a Comment