Saturday, July 11, 2020

Prisoner of Past





I wanted to move forward,
every step of my life;
But the bitter memories of my past,
Kept pulling me down,
to a point of no return.
 
I wanted, to fly free, 
but my wings couldn’t move;
With luggage of grief and grudge,
anger and guilt,
bitter feelings taking all over,
Pulling me down to a point of no return.

For every step I make, three steps I go back;
My moods going low, my strength driving south;
My smile vanished, I was trapped in my thoughts,
I knew I was a prisoner of my past.
 
Like a phoenix bird,
I wanted to rise and fly;
Never to go back to,
 that point of no return;
I negotiated a deal with my past,
To have peace that was all I wanted.
 

My past then, whispered to me,
for peace in life, here is an offer to you;
Forget the past and forgive your foes
Take it or leave it’s a deal or no deal,
Only you can really make that choice.


T’was too good an offer, but hard to accept,
Thoughts from my past still kept bothering me,
I said to myself, I will never want to,
be a prisoner of my own past. 


So, I did accept, the pact with my past,
Willing to forgive and keen to forget,
I cut through the cage of the traps of my past,
Set myself free from the ever-haunting thoughts.

 Thanks to my past, stronger I am,
No more I feel like a prisoner of past,
Glad I am free, from the burdening thoughts,
I’ll never forget to live my life now.

Thanks to my past, thanks to my past,
No more I feel like a miserable man;
I’ve learned to go over those soul stirring thoughts,
No more I ‘ ll be a prisoner of past.

Jose
11th July 2020

1 comment: