Sunday, April 19, 2020

If I had a time machine




As I scanned through the pile of
pictures and videos
taken a few years back,
I realized with sadness,
most of the events captured in
those beautiful pictures,
were not even in my memory.
wonderful times I spent
with my sweetheart,
times when I kept my ears
on her bulging belly,
to listen to our baby's moves,
giggles and blabbering of
our newborn child,
first words she uttered,
the way she crawled on the floor,
I could vaguely only recall them,
after seeing the pictures.

Time, age, stress and what not,
are perhaps taking a toll on
my memories.
Is it burdens of life and
unpleasant incidents
taking the place of good memories?
May be yes..may be not,
I do not know.

Then I prayed to god,
wish I have a time machine.
Time is flying very fast,
with its unstoppable journey,
it has erased some part of my
precious memories too;
Oh god..can I walk back in time?
To a time when I had more friends,
To a time when blood relations were not sour,
to a time when I walked the roads
 holding my moms hands,
Went to cinemas with my father
whom I could have loved
more than i did actually.

Please give me one more chance
to feel those moments once again.
I want to go back
to a time when I said something
or did something,
which I shouldn't have done in first place,
and undo what I did.
Please give me one more chance
to make those life corrections.

If only I have a time machine..
I know I am asking for
something  impossible to do.
But oh god you know,
I am just wishing
as there are no limits to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment