Friday, April 17, 2020

Love forever






I liked this girl who was beautiful and little shy
She lived in a house by the riverside in downtown
Blown by her smile, sunned by her looks, I said to me, I am in love

She used to wear a blue satin ribbon on her hair
Mostly I saw her in white shoes and scarlet red skirt
She looked like an angel who came down to tell me what’s love
With every move and beautiful smile, she stole my heart for ever

One day I asked her to come with me to the dance floor
Using her hands, she said she couldn’t hear what I said
She was dumb and was deaf so couldn’t know what I told her
Still with her smile, still with her charm, she stole my heart forever.

One day she came to me, held my hands, and her eyes spoke
She pulled me to dance floor and started to dance by my side
Laughing and holding her I danced with her for the whole night
In that night, the moonlit night, we pledged to live together

Six decade passed by she gave me a beautiful life
She was my Mary my beautiful friend  and my wife
When she was dying, she took my hands close to her heart
Still with the charm, her eyes spoke to me, I kissed her for one last time

Now in my solitude, there comes those sweet memories
To help me to sail through the rest of my lonely life
Mary your sweet smile is still charming me in my mind
Loving you dear, my only love, I love you for ever


Jose Varghese
9-3-2019


Written and composed by me in March 2019. My nephew Varun Rajesh played keyboard and I sang it in an attempt to record it.





No comments:

Post a Comment