Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Life goes on






Last week on highway
By the side of my old home
A speeding car knocked down a young man.
As the people looked terrified,
The speeding car vanished,
Leaving a young girl to cry.
She stood by her husband’s,
Motionless body,
Shedding the teardrops for him.

But next day by morning
The same road looked normal,
Life there was flowing as usual.
People moved as if,
Nothing ever happened,
Except for the young man’s widow.
I too then realized,
The world would be like that,
And life would flow just like before.


This week on highway
I saw one more car crash
Near to my workplace in downtown.
It took one life at once,
Three men were wounded,
Leaving a household in pain.
Then also I realized,
Nothing ever changes,
Life would flow just like before.

Nothing ever changes
And nothing will be changing
Life would flow just like before
One who lost something
Would cry for a short while
But they too would move on in life
Life is a journey
Full of surprises
It’ll always flow just like before


( A poem I wrote in 2017 September after I heard about a car crash near my office. )











No comments:

Post a Comment